“My only regret in dying is that I have but one poor life to lose for my country.” – Capt. Nathan Hale’s last words before his execution in September 1776 after being captured by the British
Headlines in America today are as follows:
• “Abortion Providers are Heroes”
• “‘Race charlatan’ Al Sharpton: He ‘Has Blood on His Hands'”
• “Secret Clinton and Lewinsky Sex Tape Leaked”
• “Same sex marriage is legal in Minnesota”
• “Egyptian Muslim Cleric Offers Instructions on Proper Way to Beat One’s Wife”
Of course, this list excludes the daily scandals surfacing concerning the president of the United States.
It is to be noted that every one of these headlines stands in direct violation of the laws of our republic!
Alexis de Tocqueville stated, “America is great because she is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great.”
What has become of America? Is it a governmental problem? Is it a state-run media problem? Or is it just simply a lack of gratitude on the behalf of the American people toward those who paid the ultimate sacrifice with their lives to ensure our God-given right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
Since the inception of this country, we’ve heard about the good men whose selfless sacrifices enabled the laying down of America’s foundations in which we still walk in today. For example, the signers of the Declaration of Independence endured the following:
• Five signers were captured by the British as traitors and tortured before they died.
• Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned.
• Two lost their sons in the Revolutionary Army; another had two sons captured.
• Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships of the Revolutionary War.
• John Hart was driven from his wife’s bedside when she was dying. Their 13 children fled for their lives. His fields were laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves, returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few weeks later, he died from exhaustion and a broken heart.
• Lewis Morris and Phillip Livingston suffered similar fates.
Succeeding generations have given the ultimate sacrifice to magnify the laws of our republic against the crimes that are tolerated in America today. The following are the number of casualties in each listed war:
• World War I: 116,516
• World War II: 405,399
• Korea: 36,516
• Vietnam: 58,151
• Iraq-Afghanistan: 8,000 and counting
Not only is it our military that swears to uphold the Constitution of the United States; politicians swear a similar oath. Here is their oath:
“I, NAME, DO SOLEMNLY SWEAR THAT I WILL SUPPORT AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES AGAINST ALL ENEMIES, BOTH FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC … AND THAT I WILL WELL AND FAITHFULLY DISCHARGE THE DUTIES OF THE OFFICE UPON WHICH I AM ABOUT TO ENTER, SO HELP ME GOD.”
You often hear from a great portion of Americans how much they love their country. They love her so much that they say they would die for her. But the question I have for you is, how many of you are willing to live for her (John 15:13)?
How true it is that those that gave us this republic were not cowards – and one thing is for sure: cowards will not preserve it!
Think the Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman case was bad? You should see what MSNBC and Rachel Maddow did to Bradlee Dean. Help his lawsuit against them. Stand for America and get your free gift
Bradlee Dean is an ordained preacher, heavy metal drummer, talk-show host of the Sons of Liberty Radio, and speaks on college and high school campuses with his ministry, You Can Run But You Cannot Hide International. @BradleeDean1