By Col. Tom Snodgrass (Ret.), Right Side News
Encyclopedic Information about Barack Obama
As almost everyone knows by now, during the 2008 presidential campaign there was little to no vetting of the Democrat Party’s candidate, Barack Obama. Both print and broadcast media went to extraordinary lengths not to engage in any investigative journalism beyond accepting the Obama campaign press releases and retransmitting them to the American public, unquestioned and uninvestigated. In terms of journalistic integrity, the disgrace was not only what the sycophantic partisan media printed about Obama; it was what it omitted.
However, after almost four years of paying hugely in terms of declining national security and economic growth for the media failure to vet Obama, an investigative organization, “Discover The Networks,” which bills itself as “Guide to the Political Left,” has compiled a comprehensive digest, “This Is Barack Obama,” of Obama’s disastrous activities and attitudes about such topics “Obama’s Socialist Roots And Worldview,” “Obama And Israel,” “Obama The Divider,” “Key Obama Appointees: Reflecting The President’s Radicalism,” “Obama And Energy/Environment,” “Obama And Homeland Security/War On Terror,” “Obama And ACORN: A Corrupt, Unholy Alliance,” “The ‘Fast & Furious’ Gun Scandal,” “Obama And Iran,” “Obama And Egypt,” “Turning To A Muslim Brotherhood Leader For help,” and “Sacrificing Freedom Of Speech, To Appease Radical Islamists.”
The penetrating analysis in this compendium of Obama’s failures is no better illustrated than in the section, “Obama And Libya (Including The September 11, 1912 Terror Attack).” For example, prior to the planned jihadist attack in Benghazi, there was more than ample warning of the terror that was coming:
- As a result of the foregoing incidents, the U.S. mission in Libya made repeated requests for increased security prior to September 11, but those requests were denied by the Obama administration. One U.S. security officer, Eric Nordstrom, twice asked his State Department superiors for more security at the Benghazi consulate but received no response. In making his requests, Nordstrom cited a chronology of more than 200 security incidents (ranging from militia gunfights to bomb attacks) that had occurred in Libya between June 2011 and July 2012. Forty-eight of those incidents were in Benghazi.
And regarding the subsequent cover-up of the failed Obama “Arab Spring” policy, there is a detailed accounting of the Obama administration’s lies:
- On September 16, Obama’s Ambassador to the United Nations, Susan Rice, appeared on five separate Sunday television news programs where she claimed, falsely, that according to the “best information at present,” the deadly attack in Benghazi was not a premeditated assault but rather a “spontaneous reaction” to “a hateful and offensive video that was widely disseminated throughout the Arab and Muslim world.”
- Rice’s assertion was quickly contradicted by Libyan security officials, who said that American diplomats had been warned as early as September 8th about potential violent unrest in Benghazi. Despite those warnings, security at the American consulate was virtually nonexistent on September 11.
- In a speech to the U.N. Assembly that same day, Obama stated that “a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.”
- On September 26, Libyan president Mohamed Magarief said, “It was a preplanned act of terrorism directed against American citizens.”
- At a September 26 UN Security Council meeting, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, completely reversing her original story, conceded that there was an explicit link between al Qaeda’s North African network and the deadly attacks on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi 15 days earlier.
This assemblage of accounts of Obama’s mendacity, disqualifying him for the top national leadership position, is very timely as a tool to fully vet Obama for once as he seeks reelection.
Col. Thomas Snodgrass, USAF (retired), was an intelligence and international politico-military affairs officer during a thirty-year military career.