Apply to be the next graphics, editorial or publishing intern at Right Side News.
Do you want to be a part of keeping Americans safe and accurately informed? Right Side News is looking for interns to help with all aspects of publishing the site. The ideal candidates will have a combination of skills ranging from exceptional writing to graphic production, a bit of HTML knowledge and a super-keen eye. Work will be on-site in Richmond, VA and requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week.
We are looking for talented, committed individuals in the following fields:
– Editorial Support: research, article editing, fact checking and story entry;
– Graphics: informational graphics, photo editing, ad layout and design; and,
– Writing: research, writing, fact checking and story entry.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a brief cover letter, resume and samples of your work (or URL of your portfolio) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conduct online research and outreach on blogs, social networks, etc.
- Identify and develop stories for the Web site.
- Compile and present metrics from various social networking platforms and campaigns
- Occasionally film events, clip video footage, and post video clips to YouTube