Written by Amil Imani
February 1, 2009
by Amil Imani
"Love" is thought as virtue, while "hate" is considered vice. But not all forms of love are good and not all hates are bad. If you love to set buildings on fire, molest children, or steal, these are obviously bad loves. If you hate racism, sexism or injustices of all sorts, then these are good hates.
Islam is the creation of one man, Muhammad. The man claimed he was visited many times by jinns. He also claimed that the angel Gabriel commissioned him as the emissary of the Lord of the Lords, the one and only creator of the entire universe, Allah.
Muhammad was ridiculed for reporting his nonsensical revelations (hallucinations) from Allah as an "insane poet." His own people, the Qurish tribe, custodians of the idolatry of Mecca, eventually laughed Muhammad out of town. Yet, the illiterate Muhammad persisted in his claim and revealed the Quran in bits and pieces over some twenty years.
Islam's rules of conduct as encapsulated in the Sharia are based on the Quran and the life of the Prophet himself. Even a cursory examination of the Quran clearly demonstrates its confused verbiage, contradictions, and primitive provisions that can hardly be word-for-word dictates of the one and only all-knowing and all-wise creator of the universe, as Muhammad claimed and Muslims blindly believe. The Quran and the Sharia are nothing more than the products of the thinking and way of life of the Arabian Peninsula of long ago, with sprinklings from the Torah and the New Testament.
Islam considers itself the only and final valid religion. It allows a bit of tolerance for the "people of the book," Jews and Christians, and none for billions of others with different religions or no religion at all.
Islam is a cult and not a religion. It meets all the criteria of cultism by imprisoning its adherents, by dictating to them every detail of their lives, and by condemning any member to the death of apostasy for daring to leave its fold.
So, here is a short list of Islamic beliefs and practices that I abhor. In my view, it is good to hate them and demonic to love them.
* Islam has a caste system with the male believer on top, the female believer next in rank, followed by the male slave believer, and finally the female slave believer. I simply reject slavery, as well as stratifying people and firmly believe in equality for all.
* Islam is a misogynist cult where women are chattel. "Al-rejalo ghavamoon ala-alnesa," men are rulers of women, asserts the Quran -- one of hundreds of Islamic rulings that relegate women to subservience by the virtue of their gender. Men are allowed four regular wives and numberless temporary ones, while any woman having liaison with another man is automatically condemned to death by stoning.
* Education is a sin for the true believers, particularly for women. It is in eradicating this sin that the Taliban in Afghanistan and Pakistan have systematically destroyed thousands of schools. To keep females away from schools, true believers raze schoolhouses to the ground and splash acid on the face of the females daring to head for school.
* Freedom in all its forms, highly prized by free people, is taboo in Islam. The duty of the true believer is to completely surrender his humanness and will to the will of Allah as required in the Quran and dictated by the clergy.
* Islam's justice system itself is criminal. Just a few examples should suffice here. In the court of law, a woman's testimony counts as one-half of that of a man; the due process is either absent or perfunctory; thieves are subjected to amputation of limbs; minors and homosexuals are executed; adulterers are stoned to death; apostates are executed and the families of the victims are forced to pay for the bullets that murdered their loved-ones.
* Under Islam, collusion between the mosque and the state makes for dehumanization of the citizenry. Any and all oppositions, be they religious, political, or otherwise are brutally suppressed. The Islamic Republic of Iran, for instance, carried out summary execution of tens of thousands of opposition and dumped their bodies in mass grave in khavaran, outside of Tehran, without even allowing the families of the victim to perform the burial rite.
* Islam's war is not limited to the living. Anything and everything that is non-Islamic is systematically subjected to elimination and destruction. Just two examples: the Buddha statues in Bamyan were dynamited by the Taliban of Afghanistan, while the cemeteries of the Baha'is in Iran are bulldozed by the Islamic Republic's thugs.