Written by William J. Federer
From Family Security Matters, William J. Federer takes excerpts from his book and tells it like it is. The grave threat from the growing menace of Shari'a law and the fundamentalist Islamist within our country is very real. It all comes down to this, and I read this in JEWISH WORLD REVIEW and Daniel Pipes: Westerners stick together, the Shari'a is doomed. If we do not, we are doomed
William J. Federer
Thousands of books, documents and articles have been researched over the past several years in preparation for this book. You will be fascinated by this fast-paced history of the world from a perspective you have never imagined. Current events will come into focus in the backdrop of 1,400 years of inconceivable yet true events and conflicts.
Every effort has been made to present this information objectively. It is hoped this work is received that way. You will not be the same after you have read what every American needs to know about the Qur’an.
In 2006, Keith Ellison of Minnesota became the first Muslims elected to the U.S. Congress. As reported by Niraj Warikoo in the Detroit Free Press, Dec. 25-26, 2006, Keith Ellison told his supporters: “You can’t back down. You can’t chicken out. You can’t be afraid. You got to have faith in Allah, and you’ve got to stand up and be a real Muslim.”
Ellison, who said little of being a Muslim while campaigning, went on to tell his Islamic audience:
“We’re going to continue to face them. They’re not going to stop right away. But if you, and me too, stick together, if we believe in Allah, subhanahu wa ta’ala, if we turn to the Qur’an for guidance, we’ll find an answer to the questions we have.”
If one turns to the Qur’an, which Keith Ellison insisted on swearing into office upon, one finds many disconcerting verses within its chapters, called suras:
* Believers, take neither the Jews nor the Christians for your friends. (Sura 5:51)
* Infidels are those who declare: “God is the Christ, the son of Mary.” (Sura 5:17)
* Infidels are those that say ‘God is one of three in a Trinity.” (Sura 5:73)
* Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. (Sura 9:123)
* The infidels are your sworn enemies. (Sura 4:101)
* When you meet the infidel in the battlefield, strike off their heads. (Sura 47:4)
* Mohammed is Allah’s apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the infidels. (Sura 48:29)
* Prophet, make war on the infidels. (Sura 66:9)
* Kill the disbelievers wherever we find them. (Sura 2:191)
* The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger... will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. (Sura 5:33)
* Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. (Sura 9:29)
* Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom. (Sura 47:4)
* Believers, do not make friends with those who have incurred the wrath of Allah. (Sura 60:13)
* Never be a helper to the disbelievers. (Sura 28:86)
Are these verses from the Qur’an taken out of context? Does it matter if a politician swears on a Qur’an? Is it Islamophobic to be concerned? Is Islam a peaceful religion?
A stock investment may sound good, but the investor must do diligence and examine the track record of its past performance. Similarly, one must examine the track record of Islam’s past performance to see how the Qur’an has been interpreted throughout history. As the axiom goes, “past performance is the best indicator of future behavior.”
In the next excerpt, we’ll learn more about the Hadith, Mohammed, how much the average American knows about Islam and about courageous, moderate Muslims.
Family Security Matters Contributing Editor William J. Federer is a nationally known speaker, best-selling author, and president of Amerisearch, Inc., a publishing company dedicated to research America’s noble heritage. This has been excerpted with permission from his book What Every American Needs to Know About the Qur’an – A History of Islam & the United States